Potato chips? Check! Burger outlets? Check! Cola? Check! Chocolate bars? Check! That’s pretty much how a road trip checklist looks like since you don’t want to starve on the way. But due to this checklist, your healthy eating is blown away like the speed of a moving car. You might think that since your road trip is a fun arrangement, eating chips or skittles to satisfy your hungry stomach is fine. But it is extremely unhealthy to let the calories pile on. Hence Kiru has introduced a travel snack box online, for you with some healthy snacking assortments that will keep you from taking a guilt trip after your road trip.
What does Kiru’s Travel Snack Box Contain?
- Honey & Dates Bar (50g) – 2 units
- Dry Fruits Bar (50g) – 2 units
- Peanut Chikki (50g)
What is Special About Honey and Dates Bar?
- This delightful treat is a blend of finger millet flakes, honey, and dates.
- Finger millet is an amazing source of calcium and controls blood sugar.
- Dates act as antioxidants and help in reducing blood pressure.
- Dates also help to keep the binding of the bar together without any added preservatives.
- Like other energy bars, Honey & Dates Bar is not loaded with sugar, but a little bit of honey for the required sweetness.
- It has a slight taste of lemon.
What is Special About Dry Fruits Bar?
- This power-packed dry fruit bar is made of cashews, raisins, pistachio, dry dates, and jaggery.
- Dry fruits like cashews lower risk of gallstones and have heart-healthy fatty acids.
- Raisins help improve bone health which you’ll undoubtedly need if you are a frequent traveller.
- Pistachio, on the other hand, is loaded with nutrients and is high on protein. This aids in weight loss.
- Jaggery doesn’t just add sweetness to these delights but also acts as an antioxidant. It also aids digestion and prevents constipation.
What is Special About Peanut Chikki?
- This scrumptious Peanut Chikki is made of peanuts, jaggery, olive oil, and water.
- These healthy ingredients in the Peanut Chikki make it a healthy snack to munch on during a road trip.
- In addition to what is mentioned about jaggery before, it also has minerals like zinc and selenium, which helps prevent early ageing.
- Jaggery is also helpful if you are PMSing during your road trip since it helps control mood swings. This will help make your road trip a joyful one.
- Peanuts have helpful fats, high fiber and are also rich in proteins.
- Olive oil is popularly known to prevent heart diseases.
Such healthy snack boxes will not take up much space in your backpack and will also help in keeping you full throughout the trip. Kiru also offers a “Make your own box” option which helps you create personalised snack boxes. Here you can create your very own assortment of wholesome millet snacks to fulfil your hunger pangs during the trip. Make your upcoming road trip a healthy one without missing out on all the fun.